Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"My Difficult Decision" [9/24/06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tmssac
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
Mortal Wombat wrote:
She doesn't want to look directly into the camera so much, and when she does, she doesn't want to hold the look for too long.

Those kinds of eye movements are perfectly natural for someone who is upset and embarrassed.

Watch it again without sound and watch her. She noticeably looks to the right (her left) at least twice (not counting the fact that her eyes are off to that direction, which, as you said, is pretty normal).

Except for these comments, I have not seen much analysis of Bree's and DB's body language. We need Detective Goren from Law and Order Criminal Intent to see who is lying and who is holding back.
Rolith
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparklenvy wrote:
I personally think Daniel was being a complete a*****e making her pick between him and her religion. Forcing anyone to choose between two things that are important to them is completely selfish.

And I don't think Bree's whole "I've only known him for two years / I've been religion my whole life" thing was a whole "things are going to stay the same" as her way of showing the importance.

Religion has always been there for her and it always will be. There's no proof that Daniel will stick around. So should she give up something permant for something temporary?

I doubt Dannyboy would have made her pick between her relgion and her friend. He's never seemed to be that kind of person. It sees to me far more likely he confronted her about the ceremony..and she took that as a forced decsion on the relgion as a whole.

I'm a devout catholic...dosnt mean i wouldnt question a womenizer looking to enter a semenary.
kilgoretroutlovesyou
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Daniel is an *sshole.

That is, if he said what Bree said he did. I do remember dating as a teenager. We talked a whole lot, but never really heard eachother.

This is probably a misunderstanding between an emotional/innocent/confused girl and an insensitive/simpleminded/entirelynaturallylogicallychallenged teenage boy.

We'll learn more from his next post. We better learn more from his next post. Damn, where is that post, Daniel?

Answer me!

Pop a wheelie in purgatory --
www.ryanbird.com/purgatory
zeutheir
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do hate that Daniel was such a dick, but I'd be glad if she turned the focus wholely over to her religion. That's really the only reason I stick around to keep sleuthing.

On a side note, if that's her last vlog, I'm going to kill myself.
sparklenvy
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolith wrote:
sparklenvy wrote:
I personally think Daniel was being a complete a*****e making her pick between him and her religion. Forcing anyone to choose between two things that are important to them is completely selfish.

And I don't think Bree's whole "I've only known him for two years / I've been religion my whole life" thing was a whole "things are going to stay the same" as her way of showing the importance.

Religion has always been there for her and it always will be. There's no proof that Daniel will stick around. So should she give up something permant for something temporary?

I doubt Dannyboy would have made her pick between her relgion and her friend. He's never seemed to be that kind of person. It sees to me far more likely he confronted her about the ceremony..and she took that as a forced decsion on the relgion as a whole.

I'm a devout catholic...dosnt mean i wouldnt question a womenizer looking to enter a semenary.

He's *always* seemed like that kind of person. It became clear he didn't like her religion back when he refused to videotape the play at her camp. He also freaked out when her parents wouldn't let them go hiking together.

I think one of the reasons he likes Bree so much is that the fact she's kinda totally his. She doesn't have any other friends, so it's all about him.

Now her religion is becoming a bigger part of her life (something that was obviously not as time consuming for the past few years of their relationship) and that's what the problem is.
derbygirl
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clear something up, (hopefully)...

Bree says her parents told her that she "SHOULDN'T be able to do the ceremony", not that she cannot. The only explanation for this is because they know she broke her purity bond and they feel she is not "worthy" of the "honor" but at the same time, if they told the clergy about this situation they would be so embarrassed, cause everyone would surely find out.
kilgoretroutlovesyou
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tw,

The look for a name beginning with "Veh" might be fruitless. From what I have seen, those symbols are meant to be read right-to-left. That would make the "Veh" the last letter.

But then, when you switch it, it still seems a daunting task. I think we need more clues.

Pop a wheelie in purgatory --
www.ryanbird.com/purgatory
Mortal Wombat
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparklenvy wrote:

Is it really permanent? Maybe so, maybe not.

Part of growing up for many people is questioning the belief system they were born into. The people who decide to stick with it often say that they understand and appreciate their religion in a more full sense after that critical analysis, because it's something that they decide for themselves, rather than it being a quirk of fate, like the colour of your eyes, or your nationality (by which I mean your country, not your race).

Clearly, her sneaking out isn't just against Mum and Dad's rules, but against the rules of her religion as well.

I'm not saying she should give up her faith for a boy, I'm saying she seems to be naturally struggling against the boundaries of that faith, and that is an indication that she may eventually come to a decision for herself about what she really believes, and how important those beliefs are in terms of how she'll live her adult life.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortal Wombat wrote:
Clearly, her sneaking out isn't just against Mum and Dad's rules, but against the rules of her religion as well.

I don't think that's true at all. She says her parents think she's violated her purity, but we don't know if that's by kissing or being in a relationship or a combination of all the rebellious acts. But it's her parents' strict rules that Bree violated, not necessarily any religious rules.
tmssac
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

derbygirl wrote:
Just to clear something up, (hopefully)...

Bree says her parents told her that she "SHOULDN'T be able to do the ceremony", not that she cannot. The only explanation for this is because they know she broke her purity bond and they feel she is not "worthy" of the "honor" but at the same time, if they told the clergy about this situation they would be so embarrassed, cause everyone would surely find out.

Along this same line, maybe her parents were overreacting to the situation, as parents often do? It was an emotional response. They blew up at the situation, but won’t take it further.
Mortal Wombat
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
it's her parents' strict rules that Bree violated, not necessarily any religious rules.

So her parents home school her, ban her friend Daniel from the house when he shows disinclination to join their religion, and expect her to work her bum off memorising ancient languages all day completely of their own accord?

I suppose they came up with idea of a "purity bond" on their own as well?

Be serious. Their conservatism and strict lifestyle clearly rises from their religion.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortal Wombat wrote:
Be serious. Their conservatism and strict lifestyle clearly rises from their religion.

Sure it does. Maybe I missed the "as well" from your statement... sounded like yo uwere saying it was all religious in nature...and I was just saying, as others had pointed out, that people of any religion or no religion at all can be strict based on principle.
Mortal Wombat
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as rude.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortal Wombat wrote:
Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as rude.

My bad...I misread! Sorry... but it's interesting to note the difference between religion and strict morals... which could explain why if Thelema says "do what you will", the parents could still be strict because it's in their nature...
alonelyguy15
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Ok. First of all... I'm reading this at school right now, and some of this is causing me to laugh hysterically, drawing odd looks from the kids around me. For some reason I found "the random tag is "bastirma," which after a cursory search online, looks to be a kind of dried beef--the origin of pastrami" insanely amusing. And then I read a somewhat-serious post, looked at the name, and saw it was Mortal Wombat... I lost it.

Anyway, my $.03. (Yes, I have three. I'm special-er than you.)

Here's what I expect to happen. Daniel is going to become the main focus of this "show" now, as he tries to investigate Bree's "ceremony" and keep her from taking part in something that's going to hurt her. Perhaps he's going to bring a friend along, the second female we saw on the casting sheet. (Or maybe cassie really is watching, and I'm off-track. Get it? Off track.) They're going to attend Bree's ceremony on 10/12, and Daniel's going to bring his camera. (He'll probably wind up posting it on Bree's name accidentally, like they did with the park vid. That should have been his.) So her ceremony will be exposed to all of us, and we'll crow with triumph upon finding out she really is a Thelemite. As if we had any doubt. (Or maybe she's Christian, and the ceremony is that they all gather in a circle around the campfire and sing Kumbaya.)

The clues/rituals we see on 10/12 (or more likely 10/13 to give him time to edit (ahem, Cu Roi) will give us more clues into Bree's religion. This is probably when the ARG is going to come into play; we'll get directions to the ceremony's location and go, to find the remains of a campfire and a Holy Bible with numbers cut out of it. I mean, the remains of the ceremony. Or, Daniel might film Bree getting kidnapped or something, and we'll have to solve the clues to figure out that Cassie dropped out of the nearest tree and ate her.

Or something.

There. Take my $.03 and go buy yourself a brain.

(((( Wink ))))[/i]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: