Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

logic issues with cliffhangers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terryfic
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with your point Playtpusrex. The issue is not that there are cliffhangers, but it is how they are written in. These cliffhangers don’t work as they would already be resolved by the time the video was uploaded. The problem is the writers are not writing for this format, they are trying to cram a traditional story structure into a format where it isn’t appropriate. They can still have cliffhangers in the story, just not ones written like these ones.

I have a similar issue with them adding overdramatic music to some scenes (like fleeing the Order) it is something someone trying to make a movie would do, but not someone sharing their real life would as it sort of trivialises your life to present it as a scene from a movie. But that is all off topic.

As far as this not being a vlog any more, well I just don’t think that is true. I think they are breaking a lot of the rules of how that genre should be made, but that doesn’t mean they are not still making a mock-vlog show. I think it is really a shame that they don’t seem to be trying harder to embrace the vlog elements of the show. I always thought the ability to use the music, editing, and a single perspective to further develop the characters was one of the things that gave this series the potential to tell a story in a unique way.
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him" - Mark Twain
EliCash
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Actually, I would say that not only is the idea of that VERY rational, it is also VERY possible and plausible... do you know much about secret organizations/religions/cults at all?

Yeah, they've infiltrated our government and are taking over the world... somehow I forgot.

Nut.
Quote:
basicly, no sane person would ever leave us with such cliffhangers as the episode where bree's dad dies and the episode where jonas starts driving into "the mountians"

They said they'd keep us updated, so I don't think it's illogical for them to keep us updated.
platypusrex256
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliCash, you just dont get it. please refer to Terryfic's statement above because it pretty much recaps my statement in a way that even you might understand.

essentialy its not a story issue. its a presentation issue. as a communications major at a private university, i tend to notice stuff like this and it just gets on my nerves.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
EliCash
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
as a communications major at a private university, i tend to notice stuff like this and it just gets on my nerves.

As a communications major? Are you kidding me? So you're a child in school and that's supposed to impress me?

Oh, wait, no... it's the fact that you're at a "private" university? Sorry, but nobody is wowed by that one. One day you'll learn that after college nobody really cares about those things.

Going to college is great. Certainly I'm glad I went/graduated. But your ridiculous attempt at flaunting that like it's supposed to impress me just comes off as you being a jackass. Of what relevance is it that you go to a "private" university?

Let's see some of your brilliant work. Because once you get out into the real world, you'll discover people care much more about that than whether you went to a "private" university.

I could mock the "communications" major pretty easily, but my brother was a communications major and even though it's easy, I have no problem with it. Just because a major is easy doesn't mean it is deserving of less respect. However, I can say with certainty that the major certainly doesn't make you any more an "expert" than anybody here.
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flamewars ftl
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
EliCash
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. At the same time, he insulted me and I felt I should respond.
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh, too many of these have ruined decent threads. Look at the delete bin... the amount of flame in there is crazy.

everyone is antsy because its the winter blues.
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the discussion anyone?

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been saying for a while now, that I could care less if how or where the video was uploaded. I mean...lets say there comes a time in the series that they get captured or something. Are we not to see a video because a camera was out of their reach? Or had no access to the internet?

Heck No!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voyboy wrote:
I have been saying for a while now, that I could care less if how or where the video was uploaded. I mean...lets say there comes a time in the series that they get captured or something. Are we not to see a video because a camera was out of their reach? Or had no access to the internet?

Heck No!

Which is just about what I'm assuming is happening right now..lol.

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobackspacebutton wrote:
voyboy wrote:

Heck No!

Which is just about what I'm assuming is happening right now..lol.

oh sweet BA...I hope not lol. I dont want to wait a week before I get my 1-2min fix of LG!
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on top of that a lot of cities/towns/states (in general) in the USA literally have wireless internet everywheres. You could walk down the street with your laptop and surf the web.
This is to accomidate the recent growth in the technologies like RIM's Blackberry and HP IPaq and te new Apple Iphone. It's kind of like the warwalking video.
if you want a rational response to how and where they are posting the videos, consider that a lot of states have regional wireless internet systems set up, as well as hotels.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beckers
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the lonelygirl creators do a good job at leaving us with something new to ask about or discover. Some episodes are more revealing than others but that is normal with every series.
platypusrex256
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliCash wrote:
Quote:
as a communications major at a private university, i tend to notice stuff like this and it just gets on my nerves.

As a communications major? Are you kidding me? So you're a child in school and that's supposed to impress me?

Oh, wait, no... it's the fact that you're at a "private" university? Sorry, but nobody is wowed by that one. One day you'll learn that after college nobody really cares about those things.

Going to college is great. Certainly I'm glad I went/graduated. But your ridiculous attempt at flaunting that like it's supposed to impress me just comes off as you being a jackass. Of what relevance is it that you go to a "private" university?

Let's see some of your brilliant work. Because once you get out into the real world, you'll discover people care much more about that than whether you went to a "private" university.

I could mock the "communications" major pretty easily, but my brother was a communications major and even though it's easy, I have no problem with it. Just because a major is easy doesn't mean it is deserving of less respect. However, I can say with certainty that the major certainly doesn't make you any more an "expert" than anybody here.

i'm sorry if that was offensive to you. basicly, i felt you were having a little trouble understanding my point. i was just helping myself to a little playful bantering. i was hoping we'd stay on topic with our biting remarks but apparently we have to resort to personal attacks and that makes platypus cry.

fyi, im not only a child in a university but a war veteran =D
platypusrex256
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
on top of that a lot of cities/towns/states (in general) in the USA literally have wireless internet everywheres. You could walk down the street with your laptop and surf the web.
This is to accomidate the recent growth in the technologies like RIM's Blackberry and HP IPaq and te new Apple Iphone. It's kind of like the warwalking video.
if you want a rational response to how and where they are posting the videos, consider that a lot of states have regional wireless internet systems set up, as well as hotels.

im not sure about that one... i live in seattle and we dont have that free wireless. the only city that thas free wireless, i believe, is san fransisco. thats a project by google, i think. and most public wireless connectios are firewalled and require payment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: