Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Disc in "Rescuing Daniel"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Ah, Lurker, thanks! I knew someone who could explain it correctly would come alone, lol.

longlostposter wrote:
thanks for the info, Lurker. It seems that vague references have been made to it, and that the Tachyon fans have embraced it. Count me in too.

You're welcome, guys.

And, yeah, llp, several ARG people - as well as myself and trainer - believe it's concrete at this point that Tachyon's group is the Culper Ring.

Kasdeja wrote:
I know many have explained it but sphinx posted this link also about the Culper ring. http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3529&start=0

Thanks for posting that. I was just about to go look for that thread. I thought it would supplement this discussion nicely.
RiverFleur
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a video or something about Bree's real parents... that would be touching... probably to give Bree incentive to go all out against the Order.
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiverFleur wrote:
Probably a video or something about Bree's real parents... that would be touching... probably to give Bree incentive to go all out against the Order.

I've been wanting to ask this for a while (this isn't to you in particular, RF; it's more of a question to everyone), but why does Bree's birth parents seem like such an important plot point to so many people? I really don't understand.

I mean, they're not her parents. The two people who raised her are, regardless of what happened with them and who they are. I can see them being relevant if it turns out that Bree's genetics are special and it's why the Order wanted her, but other than that, I don't understand why they could be (and they're usually not brought up in this context either; they're usually brought up as though it's a given that they're important because they're her birth parents). Even if Bree were to meet them it would be like meeting strangers.

Same thing with seeing anything about them on a disc. It would be like watching something about someone random on the news. Bree has no history with them, no emotional attachment, no anything. I can't imagine what incentive something about her birth parents (even them being killed when Bree was taken from them) could give Bree that she doesn't already have with the father who raised her being killed.
Onewen
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
I've been wanting to ask this for a while (this isn't to you in particular, RF; it's more of a question to everyone), but why does Bree's birth parents seem like such an important plot point to so many people? I really don't understand.

I don't know about everyone else, but for ME, it's the potential plot point that has me excited. It's just one more area they can explore before this whole thing ends! Umm....which it CAN'T...ever!! Do you hear me Creators?? EVER!
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onewen wrote:
Lurker wrote:

I don't know about everyone else, but for ME, it's the potential plot point that has me excited. It's just one more area they can explore before this whole thing ends!

Could you elaborate on this a little for me, please? Do you have something specific in mind?
Onewen
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
Could you elaborate on this a little for me, please? Do you have something specific in mind?

Oh I KNEW you were gonna ask me that! haha...I honestly don't know...I am not the creative one who could come up with something fantastic here. I just think that it just opened up a potential avenue for the Creators to bring some more drama/excitement into the story...like if they ran out of ideas...

For example, if we find out that because of all the shots of epogen, Bree now needs some of her origional blood cells (or something that could scientifically make sense...haha) or she would die... So now, we'd have this huge manhunt for her parents...a race against the clock, blah blah blah, Tachyon comes with her theme song ...flashbang...and saves the world...oh...did I digress? Wink
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
RiverFleur wrote:

I mean, they're not her parents. The two people who raised her are, regardless of what happened with them and who they are. I can see them being relevant if it turns out that Bree's genetics are special and it's why the Order wanted her, but other than that, I don't understand why they could be (and they're usually not brought up in this context either; they're usually brought up as though it's a given that they're important because they're her birth parents). Even if Bree were to meet them it would be like meeting strangers.

Same thing with seeing anything about them on a disc. It would be like watching something about someone random on the news. Bree has no history with them, no emotional attachment, no anything. I can't imagine what incentive something about her birth parents (even them being killed when Bree was taken from them) could give Bree that she doesn't already have with the father who raised her being killed.

I absolutely see your point. What I would particularly like to know, is whether Bree was actually STOLEN. She never elaborated. Was she kidnapped? Or taken in as an orphan?

Also, I'd like some clues as to what ABOUT her is so important to the Order. It appears to me that must be something genetic. But I don't know.

Neither of those points really require actually bringing her parents into the show. What I would like to see is some filling in the blanks of Bree's past.. because, well, much of her past still remains a mystery after all this time.

Also, the only other thing I can think of, brings back that (unpopular and kind of ridiculous) theory that Jonas and Bree are somehow related. After all, both of their birth parents are mysteries. The only interesting plot I can think of is to tie those two plotholes together, somehow.

NOT THAT I AM ENCOURAGING AND JONAS/BREE/SIBLING STORY.

But, Bree's birth parents are definitely NOT my first priority. The only information I deeply care about right now would involve the Order. If her birth parents can bring something of that in.. then go for it. If not, please, let's not waste our time on that issue, Creators. Smile
PinkoLady
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if it would be like strangers, most people have a desire to know or understand their past-- and especially in this situation, dealing with an organization that's shrouded in mystery and sketch as hell, one would likely be interested in knowing what the hell happened.

Basically, Bree found out her entire life is a lie-- finding the truth is generally goes along with that. It's part of the mystery, and there's something pretty dark about being placed somewhere for the purpose of being raised for some specific end.

And chances are, who here parents are have something to do with who she is, and why the hell she's so special-- or it may be less who her parents are, but their circumstances and the events surrounding her being taken away from them/give up/whatever.

Really, why wouldn't her "real parents" potentially be really significant to the story? It's not the most pressing thing, but it's obviously going to be important to Bree, and could easily be neccessary in fulling understanding everything.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone missed it.
The resistance has begun!
JOIN
HoorayForMeImMakingOut
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
In case anyone missed it.
The resistance has begun!
JOIN
Twisted Evil

Tag, you're it.
smurfswim
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:
i think it is a pirated copy of bambi

yes. All I have to say is yes.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
Onewen wrote:
Lurker wrote:

I don't know about everyone else, but for ME, it's the potential plot point that has me excited. It's just one more area they can explore before this whole thing ends!

Well, lurker, to me it seems obvious. While it's not a big point with me, I can see how it would be to others. As of right now, Bree has no parents...her father is dead and her mother cannot be trusted, and is, in fact, an enemy. Bree therefore has no support system. If she were to find her real parents, even though they were vitual strangers to her, they would be some kind of support system for Bree; provided they themselves were not involved in the Order.

Anyway, that's what I get. I really don't care about her real parents either, other than for the reason you mentioned...bloodline.

There is also the reference Daniel made in the "Aleister Crowley" video about a girl being kidnapped in the '40's in the US (don't remember the state.) In the video, Daniel said that Crowley was considered a suspect in the kidnapping because he lived in the same town. If the same thing happened to Bree, that video has a little more credance. Other than that, it's just another one of those "WTF" videos.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to know if she was stolen, randomly adopted...manufactured...maybe bred by lower people in the order to be raised by the higher ups...etc.

And...Vive la Resistance!

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Well, we know Josh is in. Laughing

Hee! That's exactly what I thought when I read PinkoLady's post!

Kasdeja wrote:
I always thought I couldn't trust that Brit, Josh...

Those damn furriners. Can't trust 'em. (goes on muttering to self)

Kasdeja wrote:
I know many have explained it but sphinx posted this link also about the Culper ring. http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3529&start=0

Holy crap. I've been reading Y: THE LAST MAN for years, and it never occurred to me that it had such a direct connection with LG15. Shocked
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond to my question. I appreciate it. If there's more thoughts on it, I'd like to hear them, as I still don't feel satisfied/don't understand, to be honest.

PinkoLady wrote:
Even if it would be like strangers, most people have a desire to know or understand their past-- and especially in this situation, dealing with an organization that's shrouded in mystery and sketch as hell, one would likely be interested in knowing what the hell happened.

That's understandable, sure. Bree will probably want to know where she came from. That's natural. I just don't think it's necessarily important to the story that's going on.

PinkoLady wrote:
Really, why wouldn't her "real parents" potentially be really significant to the story? It's not the most pressing thing, but it's obviously going to be important to Bree, and could easily be neccessary in fulling understanding everything.

Well, there's no reason they wouldn't potentially be significant so long as we don't know what makes Bree special to those nutjobs. We couldn't know at this time. I was more concerned with the number of people who seemed to feel they were certainly significant.

I agree that it'll probably be something Bree wonders about, but even then I don't think it has to be important in that sense such that there has to be a reunion or something to that effect. I think if they have to play some part in Bree maturing/growing up/adjusting to her life, they could be equally important if she were to just learn from OpAphid that her birth parents were killed and she was taken from them. Even if she were to never even learn their names, what they looked like, or where they were from.

What she could take from that is deciding who she wants to be is more important than what her origins say she should be or what she was raised to be. She could focus on making the best of her present and future instead of mulling over the past.

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
The only information I deeply care about right now would involve the Order. If her birth parents can bring something of that in.. then go for it. If not, please, let's not waste our time on that issue, Creators. Smile

You summarized all my thoughts on the issue far better than I was going to (I'd alread typed out a couple of paragraphs, but I can erase them now after looking at this a second time).

longlostposter wrote:
Well, lurker, to me it seems obvious. While it's not a big point with me, I can see how it would be to others. As of right now, Bree has no parents...her father is dead and her mother cannot be trusted, and is, in fact, an enemy. Bree therefore has no support system. If she were to find her real parents, even though they were vitual strangers to her, they would be some kind of support system for Bree; provided they themselves were not involved in the Order.

My problem is I can't even see why it might be a big point with others.

I understand and appreciate your suggestion that maybe for them it's a matter of a support system, but then I just think "Well, she has Jonas and Daniel, and possibly Tachyon and Brother as well." The first two especially are people who have stuck by her and put everything on the line for her, so she's got a support system right there that anyone would be fortunate to have.

I also imagine that if her father was still there for her after what happened in "The Unthinkable Happened" it would mean more than her birth father being there. Families are made not inherited, right?

Thanks for taking a shot, though. I wish it made sense to me, but for some reason it doesn't.

longlostposter wrote:
There is also the reference Daniel made in the "Aleister Crowley" video about a girl being kidnapped in the '40's in the US (don't remember the state.) In the video, Daniel said that Crowley was considered a suspect in the kidnapping because he lived in the same town. If the same thing happened to Bree, that video has a little more credance. Other than that, it's just another one of those "WTF" videos.

That was back before the fake ceremony, wasn't it? I think quite a few things before that time were meant more for fueling speculation than giving actual hints of things to come. It would be kind of cool, though, to see them go all the way back there and doing something with it.

Onewen wrote:
Lurker wrote:

Oh I KNEW you were gonna ask me that! haha...I honestly don't know...I am not the creative one who could come up with something fantastic here. I just think that it just opened up a potential avenue for the Creators to bring some more drama/excitement into the story...like if they ran out of ideas...

Sorry to put you on the spot like that.

Anyway, to me that sounds like it would be kind of bad. I know not everyone would agree with me, though. Of course, I'm still of the opinion that they should have known from the start what all was going to happen.

It's probably unfair of me considering how they went at this experiment, but when I think of them leaving space for something to potentially happen if they ran out of ideas, it seems like shoddy writing/creating/whatever. Running out of ideas shouldn't even be a possibility in my opinion. By this I mean everything that needs to happen should already be known and planned, with maybe some room for including the characters eating a Snicker bar during an episode if the series can get some product placement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: