Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why leave a van, yet take the keys?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TenutoInuke
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He took the keys... so that Bree and Daniel have

No...Way...Out...

Revenge on Bree and Daniel!

Skin them alive with the keys!

Hehe. Okay, that's enough of that, sorry if I grossed any of you out.

In all honesty, I think he's just watching, waiting for them to lower their guard. (Though I doubt this, since it's snowy and all where he is and I dont think he had a coat, just a t-shirt on)

Although since he took the webcam, I kind of think he might have left, and maybe went back to his house (or a friends somehow). Then just post a video and laugh at them while taking the keys. "Good luck getting back suckers!"
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loobylou wrote:
I think he left the van to make it clear to us that Jonas is not acting alone at the moment. Had he driven off, it may have looked like the action of one man, but because he must have gotten a lift at some point it points to him having contact with someone - a friend / oppy / tachy - who knows??

I don't believe he just headed off in the snow - that would be madness even if he knows the area. This way, perhaps he lulls Daniel and Bree into thinking he's acting alone.

Not necessarily madness, not if he knows where to go (like the next house over) and knows how to handle the snow. But I like your theory about showing us that he's not acting alone.

Another theory, though, that would point in the opposite direction: maybe he didn't take the car because he knows that the Order would recognize it, and he doesn't want them to come after him. He took the keys because he didn't want B&D to chase him down either.

On the other hand, he also knows that Tachyon would recognize the car, and he might not want her to follow him.

On the other hand . . .

I'm getting a headache.
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonas has folks close enough by that he could call to turn on the heat. Couldn't he hike over there and say he's having a problem over at his cabin and ask for a ride into the closest town? Think

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
TommyIsCancer
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the most logical explanation is the correct one in this situation.

Jonas still wants to help them. He's not a heartless bastard who would leave them for the Order. Yeah, I think he knows more than he's letting on. He wants to keep them there because it's still a nice, warm, safe (at least for the time being until the Order catches up to them again) place with food. He took the keys so they wouldn't leave. He took the camera so he could make a video from a nearby hotel or coffee shop to explain this to them. He's concerned about Bree going crazy so - as I said in another thread - he might just want to talk to Daniel alone somewhere because Daniel clearly seems to be much more rational than Bree right now.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he took them with the intention of taking the car, but thought he'd be harder to track if he just hitchhiked? Or maybe the car wouldn't start?

Or maybe just to keep them from following him quickly.
Or he needed to get something out of the car before he left.
Marbella
Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja, that is a thought I had also: OpAphid would easily pick him up. Also, he could stalk his way back into the house and really hurt them. Thus, they need to constantly watch and be on guard. If he had taken the van, they would have heard that and could have escaped sooner.
*Daniel's Fan Club Founder
http://www.youtube.com/whitetigerdream
*My Books: http://www.laurapaxton.com/borderline.html
Krielok
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though if he got picked up anywhere near the cabin, you'd think there'd be some tire tracks. But all they found are footsteps.

I predict a few days without seeing any videos, then Bree posts the next one first cussing out Daniel, then defending her stance on the situation. Maybe Daniel posts another video. After that, I have no clue about Jonas. Maybe he disappears for a little bit. Maybe you hear from Cassie about her roommate (whoever that is, not to go off track of the discussion).

But after watching the videos again I'm thinking that Jonas...was picked up by a helicopter!...maybe...though I highly doubt it. Smile
Emersion
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
Maybe he took them with the intention of taking the car, but thought he'd be harder to track if he just hitchhiked? Or maybe the car wouldn't start?

Or maybe just to keep them from following him quickly.
Or he needed to get something out of the car before he left.

Maybe....
but uh...
It was what? early in the morning when he went?
In a place where noone was really supposed to know about or go?
I don't think he hitch hiked...
Maybe he walked until he found a road...
But if he took the cellphone then he could have called someone to pick him up, although since he has no friends and his family are dead I think he either called a member of the order...
or Tachyon ...

Tings you can see may or may not hurt you.

Things inbetween are Dead
ohgollygeedamn
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he took the keys because he has things to say and he wants to make sure Bree and Daniel stick around for it.

That or he took the keys out of spite to screw them over. Wouldn't you feel a tad spiteful after your friends tied you up, no matter how sexy you looked as a hostage?
AM
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I am sure someone already said this (I haven't read the thread yet) but he took the keys so he could get into his house back home. He was trying to escape his captors so I am sure he didn't waste time trying to take his house key off.

Free online community
Intelligent discussions and debates
AM
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and as long as we're predicting, IMO the next video is going to be from Jonas back at his mansion. He's going to throw open his parents bedroom and do a little digging Nikki B style to show Bree and Daniel that he is a good guy. Then he'll appear to discover something weird (perhaps a photo connecting him to Bree) but the vid will end before he reveals what it is.

Free online community
Intelligent discussions and debates
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krielok wrote:
Though if he got picked up anywhere near the cabin, you'd think there'd be some tire tracks. But all they found are footsteps.

He got to a road, which looked like a gravel-ish road. He could have hiked down the road, without leaving footprints, until he reached a point where he was able to be picked up by someone he knew, or to just hitchhike. Or, as I suggested earlier, he could have gone to a nearby house.
PinkoLady
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that this would be relevant to figuring this out, but I personally think it's pretty weird that such an isolated road was so well-cleared. Razz
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, gravel-ish roads like that don't hold snow nearly as well as the ground surrounding them, just as sidewalks don't hold snow as well as lawns.

I didn't think it looked like the road was "cleared" -- it looked just as I'd expect a road like that to look, given how little snow was on the ground.
PinkoLady
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A road that wasn't driven on much though, would hold snow pretty much the same as any surface, if only slightly less. Like I said though, it's not relevant to the story-- it's probably just a function of the fact that the road IS used fairly often, at least while they're filming.

I really just can't think of anything productive to contribute, and I'm impatient for a new video. =P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: