Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Old painting connection to new v-blogs (?)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briphelia
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Old painting connection to new v-blogs (?) Reply with quote

http://www.artcyclopedia.com/masterscans/l38.html

I just wanted to point out the description of the painting previously identified by other users in this forum as Edward Hopper's "Second Story Sunlight"... From the above link, also pointed out previously by other users:

"It's typical of Hopper to treat even a scene of a young girl sunbathing in a stark and joyless manner. Even though they are sharing the day together, the differences in age, dress and activity between the two women suggest a disconnection between them."

Everyone is seeing the rather obvious connection to Bree and Lucy, I hope. "[T]he differences in age (Lucy is an older woman, experienced with "the ceremony"), dress (professional suit vs. Bree's sport's bra)" are the ones that particularly jumped out to me.
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soo thats the picture...very interesting
TheDoctorIsIn
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of Hopper's works are infused with a certain depression and sadness. And being lonely is a common theme, especially scenes where people are in groups and yest still alone. My guess is one of the Creators was a Hopper lover and knew that one of his paintings would fit the LG15 theme.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: