Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

24 in 24: How can it be done?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: 24 in 24: How can it be done? Reply with quote

Not my concept but I love it! It's basically showing 1 episode per hour for a 24 hour period.

24 episodes advances the story a lot. I think it needs to be one self contained story that occurs in real time. In other words all 24 episodes would take place the same day ala the TV show 24.

That is still probably too ambitious, I think 12 in 12 might be better representing the daylight hours or the nighttime hours.

The story would have to provide the reason for uploading every hour. I'd introduce a plot device called a "ticking clock" which is basically a race against time. An event occurs in the 12th hour that the heroes need to achieve or prevent.

I think as the story stands there are 2 big obstacles 1)there is no B plot and 2) all the characters are together. If you had a B plot with it's own characters running parallel to the main story you could do a crossover with characters from both storylines uploading their own vids. Bree, Daniel, Jonas, Alex, the Order and say a character from the B plot. 2 vids per character puts you at 12 vids. Or as the story winds up they can start to meet up 2 at a time until they are all in a vid together. You'd obviously have to have more than one crew going together at the same time.

Here's the best part, an event like this would give the fans an opportunity to invite friends over to watch or meet up and watch the vids in groups at local organized fan meet ups.

Ok maybe this is the best part-I don't see how sponsors or advertisers wouldn't be all over it.

The bottom line is it can be done.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that would be amazing! How exciting would it be to know that the next video is just an hour away!

If I were the Creators, I'd be all over this idea.
Cuddlebunni
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.. great idea!!

It would take A LOT of work on the cast/crew's part.. but would be absolutely worth it if they do.

Smile

ForeverMourn is my LG15 soulmate. Smile
Balmung
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: 24 in 24: How can it be done? Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:
Not my concept but I love it! It's basically showing 1 episode per hour for a 24 hour period.

24 episodes advances the story a lot. I think it needs to be one self contained story that occurs in real time. In other words all 24 episodes would take place the same day ala the TV show 24.

That is still probably too ambitious, I think 12 in 12 might be better representing the daylight hours or the nighttime hours.

The story would have to provide the reason for uploading every hour. I'd introduce a plot device called a "ticking clock" which is basically a race against time. An event occurs in the 12th hour that the heroes need to achieve or prevent.

I think as the story stands there are 2 big obstacles 1)there is no B plot and 2) all the characters are together. If you had a B plot with it's own characters running parallel to the main story you could do a crossover with characters from both storylines uploading their own vids. Bree, Daniel, Jonas, Alex, the Order and say a character from the B plot. 2 vids per character puts you at 12 vids. Or as the story winds up they can start to meet up 2 at a time until they are all in a vid together. You'd obviously have to have more than one crew going together at the same time.

Here's the best part, an event like this would give the fans an opportunity to invite friends over to watch or meet up and watch the vids in groups at local organized fan meet ups.

Ok maybe this is the best part-I don't see how sponsors or advertisers wouldn't be all over it.

The bottom line is it can be done.

so you're basically asking for 12 filler episodes??? are you serious!?! lol
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: 24 in 24: How can it be done? Reply with quote

Balmung wrote:
so you're basically asking for 12 filler episodes??? are you serious!?! lol

Uhh..no. Give me some credit.

A "stand alone" story that takes 12 episodes to tell.

Hour 1, Order video: Vague images and sounds.
Hour 2, Daniel video: Reverts back to Danny B.
Hour 3, Bree video: Bree documents that Daniel is "off." Daniel's been triggered!
Hour 4, Order video: surveillance type video with Daniel's instructions hidden.
Hour 5, Jonas video: they've stopped Daniel but as soon as they did he became incapacitated with headaches and fever. Aunt Alex says she can help, do they trust her?
Hour 6, Aunt Alex "private" video: She asks a friend for help, perhaps one of the party guests who is a Dr.
Hour 7, Aunt Alex's friend "private" video: Tells her once a sleeper agent is triggered that a capsule that's implanted at the time of programming is also time released killing the agent within 12 hours!
Hour 8, Bree video: Jonas heads out to get the Dr. and bring him back.
Hour 9, Order video: Since Danny B's mission failed the Order takes advantage of the fact that he is now incapacitated and that Jonas is gone but when they enter the house no one is there.
Hour 10, Bree "private" video: Bree had anticipated their next move! She tells Jonas where to meet them and that Daniel doesn't look good.
Hour 11, Jonas video: He pulls up on the house but turns around when he sees all the Order vehicles. He didn't get the message! Will he and the Dr. get there in time!?
Hour 12, Group video: Of course they do. Daniel is cured. Everyone is relieved.

I realize there are some holes there but it was off the top of my head. This is just an example(and probably not too original at that) but you get the idea. 12 episodes that have a reason to unfold in a 12 hour time period.
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: 24 in 24: How can it be done? Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:

I agree with immortal1! Actually, I happened to originate this idea back on March 2nd on the comment:
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/?p=198&play=1&more=1#comment-65477
Quote:

QtheC (send note) Says:
March 2nd, 2007 at 2:49 pm
Dear CREATORS,

I just had a great idea, an idea I know everyone will love, (unless they are jealous and brain-washed by the Order). My idea is :

24 videos in 24 hours!

Yes, kind of like the TV Show 24, or some really unwise drinking games from college, you would post a video every hour on the hour for 24 hours, each one moving the story along in real time.

If this is as great as I imagine it could be, you could plan such an “event” periodically to generate a lot of excitement in the LG15 fan community, and at the same time, give the story some milestone points that everyone can start to anticipate. End some big story threads, start some new ones. A few big KAPOW! moments when everything changes.

Periods between these “milestones” may or may not be considered “seasons” - but I wouldn’t want things to get too regular, just enhance anticipation… your storytelling friend.

Yours Truely,
QtheC

There was a tide of early "support":
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/?p=198&play=1&more=1
Quote:
Perky (send note) Says:
March 2nd, 2007 at 3:41 pm
OMG QtheC… could you just see the Lonelycracks refreshing, refreshing, refreshing over 24 hours??? Brilliant.

Quote:
Joe (send note) Says:
March 2nd, 2007 at 11:24 pm
QtheC,
24 vids in 24 hours. I’m picturing hundreds of fellow lonelycrack heads sitting in front of their computers watching the videos. Not eating, sleeping, bathing, and like Jonas when he was tied to the chair, not using the facilities.

Quote:
lexi_jean (send note) Says:
March 3rd, 2007 at 3:42 am
I would soooo stay up 24hrs for that… yeah I am a lonelycrack loser but whatev

Quote:
Ad Moirem De Gloriem (send note) Says:
March 2nd, 2007 at 3:10 pm
QtheC, as much as I know everyone would LOVE for that too be made into a reality…wouldn’t it be relatively impossible? I mean, you have to edit, you have to upload it, and all the while, you have to be filming the new one…

Quote:
logana (send note) Says:
March 2nd, 2007 at 3:39 pm
#230 - sheer genius + not at all impractical, they could all b prerecorded over a week or so
and I elaborated a little in this comment:
Quote:
QtheC (send note) Says:
March 2nd, 2007 at 3:22 pm
It only has to appear to happen in real time … which means extremely minimal editing cuts, etc … but with a camera hooked up to a computer with WIFI, it could work … also videos could come from various sources (so it’s not like one person is doing a video every hour) …

Or for a block of time, one character could be at a “monitoring station” of some kind, and they give us hourly updates… it just takes some creative thinking to come up with some semi-plausible ideas, and maybe the 24 vids in 24 hours thing evolves to something a bit different in the process.

Then there was a more direct challenge on March 7th:
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/?p=201&play=1&more=1#comment-67245
Quote:
QtheC (send note) Says:
March 7th, 2007 at 5:22 pm
Dear CREATORS,

I’m throwing down the gauntlet. Again. And I mean to pick that gauntlet up and throw it as many times as it takes, so you have been warned!

::::: 24 videos in 24 hours! :::::

Just think about it. The glory! The lack of sleep! and yes, the Meeps.

Think about the Meeps.

Yours Truely,
QtheC
and basically, I've been beating the drum ever since, lol
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/?p=203&play=1&more=1#comment-68567
Quote:
QtheC (send note) Says:
March 10th, 2007 at 5:48 pm
Dear Creators,

::::: 24, count them, 24 videos in 24 hours :::::

It’s and idea that needs to be expressed at least once every, YES, 24 hours.

Yours Truely,
QtheC

Now that the Creators officially "heard" the idea during yesterday's Mixed Media event, it is a matter of imagination taking over - for this idea is too powerful to resist (not to mention recently TM'd) :

::::: 24 videos in 24 hours™ :::::
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this could be done pretty easily, now that i've thought about is, sisnce they film the videos about a week in advance. Just film....for the whole week.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I remember Miles saying something like he could do the 24 in 24, but he would die lol.

12 in 12 is an interesting idea. But do they have time for something like that?
HyeMew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind them taking place over a Breeniverse 12 hours... however, to have literally 12 or ESPECIALLY 24 videos get uploaded in one day is a terrible terrible idea. Why? The Creators are already extremely busy. It takes lots of TIME and intellectual capital to even come up with an idea and write a script, let alone filming and editing time. With all the rest they have on their plate, to literally ask them to pull out all the stops and upload 12 or even 24 videos in so much time would be horrible for them to attempt. The biggest problem at all is for the more casual fan who comes to the site and watches the new video every couple of days- if they didn't know this was coming they might come during hour 6 and be totally confused. If that fan happened to miss the entire 24 hour day I don't even know how they'd be able to figure out where they last watched before and would have an extreme catch-up, something casual fans would not be so down for. It's just such an overload to ask them to do.

However IF this is merely a request for 12 hours taking place over 12 hours Breeniverse (and not real) time, then that's fine- however I doubt that's what people are asking for because it really defeats the purpose of "12 in 12 hours" if it takes 12 days to happen in.
I mean come on, you could tell from when it was brought up in the chat. They sounded extremely reluctant and had already mentioned how busy they are all ready uploading a video every couple of days- to seriously suggest they should suddenly get 12 or even 24 episodes ready for a day is downright insane.
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the 12 in 12 idea. It's brilliant!

HyeMew, you're a bad influence! Don't give the Creators excuses for not doing this, let them believe they can make it. Come on: "YOU CAN DO IT. YOU CAN DO IT!" See, that's easy. I expect you to edit your post now...... Wink
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Do remember, when watching the show "24," you don't get 24 hours worth of episodes at once...you get 'em once a week!

Me, I'd rather not stretch a Breeniverse day into 24 real world weeks. I'd love to see a daily video from one side of another...daily...please? Wink

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The show 24 is an hour long show with a large cast shot in various locations and studio sound stages. Of course you'll only get 1 episode a week.

I'm not trying to downplay the hard work or time consumption that is going on with the series, but come on! Would it really be that hard to get out twelve 2 minute videos? They don't have to be feats of cinematic magic. Some good acting and dramatic music, and they'd be good to go!

I think if they really wanted to do it, they absolutely could pull it off. I think it's probably not going to happen due to wanting to stretching
e v e r y l i t t l e p l o t m o v e m e n t o u t.

Yes, we want lg15 to last forever, too. But give us more than tiny drips of excitement once a month.

This idea could bring a new level of excitement to the series and the forum.

Come on, Creators! Pleeeeeeeeeease?
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyemew insane would be asking them to do it....LIVE!

When they make TV shows they have more than one unit (crew) filming simultaneously and often more than one camera going simultaneously. Some sitcoms use 4 cameras at once. 12 episodes at an average of 2 minutes per episode is 24 pages of script (industry standard is 1 minute of screentime per script page.)

I was production coordinator on a micro budget ($5000) straight to DVD scifi-horror flick, we had one crew shoot over two long 3 day weekends. That's 80 pages in 6 12 hour days.

The story I use as an example would have 3 sets. The main set is a room in a house. Additional sets are where the Dr. makes a vid from and the interior of a vehicle. The Order videos are basically someone with a second camera filming the action and editing it later. That's 3 vids out of the way right there. I'd have the main unit film episodes that film the group and the B unit film the other episodes simultaneously. The Dr.'s location can be another room in the house. And Jonas can drive around the block.

It's a question of manpower more than anything else. Oh btw, the crew of that scifi horror flick I was on? All unpaid interns. I'm surprised the Creators haven't caught on to this. Hollywood runs on the backs of low paid/unpaid interns. (I hope I didn't let a secret out!)

ETA: To be fair post production on that sci fi horror flick was a year.

Last edited by immortal1 on Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you think of the story as being organized into some kind of seasons, then it makes sense to have a big finale "event" of some kind (like a fireworks show ending) ... something fans can anticipate and rally around, and which will generate a LOT of buzz that grows the audience.

The concept of "24 in 24" is really a conversation starter about this more general idea of a big WOW that blows the doors off the conventional delivery - to succeed, it needs big story payoffs, and new story line starts... etc. Such an event could naturally have a product sponsor to increase resources for a short time.

To a newcomer later, it does not matter whether content is delivered in one big lump, or over several days ... it's really the story that counts, and the buzz that is generated.

Start by thinking about what would be exciting, and then worry about how to manage to deliver on that image given whatever practical resource limitations there may be.
Ravensnow27
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds cool kinda like a spin off mini series, that would be sooooo cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: