Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0172-"The Perfect Beach" [4/13/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
watching_watchers
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whos madison??? Link please? =[
Hooray for Orange Slurpees!
Go to my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/xshibbiex
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chelseyrl
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watching_watchers wrote:
Whos madison??? Link please? =[
I'm sorry to sound like a bitch, but just read back like a couple pages. Everyone keeps asking and the links keep getting posted.
Confused

You just had a Kyle moment.
d'oh!
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still curious as to why everyone's saying Alex set them up and betrayed them. I've watched this video several times for various reasons, and during repeated viewings, I didn't see any of that.

Anyone interested in fielding this one?
MintyBeast
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
I'm still curious as to why everyone's saying Alex set them up and betrayed them. I've watched this video several times for various reasons, and during repeated viewings, I didn't see any of that.

Also, did anyone else get a Buffy the Vampire Slayer flash back with the potentials when this whole "We have another girl" business was said? Laughing
&
Sarah Fan Club
mincartaugh
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MintyBeast wrote:
Lurker wrote:

Also, did anyone else get a Buffy the Vampire Slayer flash back with the potentials when this whole "We have another girl" business was said? Laughing

ROFL Yeah! That! I thought for sure Bree was going to shout "No! There can be only one!" Woah! and there goes a flashback to Highlander!
Vintage_Angel
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, considering Bree didn't say anything or show up in the video at all, she probably wasn't even there. But, otherwise. HOLY CRAP!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ericski
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else think that it was strange for db to be wearing a u.s. penitentiary t-shirt. it's a pennsylvannia location so not like he picked it up at a roadside stop during their recent wanderings. famous lewiston residents include leonard peltier and wilheim reich. my money's on reich if it does mean anything. real wierdo with connections to einstein, psychology, and an alan moore comic.
too obscure?
anniid
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kellylen wrote:
dude Alex is ALWAYSSSSSSS in black when bad happens and white when shes good.

New girl Shocked

there were a lot of good lines in this video like

"dont tell me you made out with your ex boyfriend on that rock"

and

"dude where did you get that gun"
"nevermind"
"no were in mexico and you have a gun"

but wow. it's like Jonas was preparing this the whole time. To protect bree. It's amazing how he tried to protect her.

oh and jackson nice arms ;D

I'm probably going to post again soon because I am only on the third page...
but I just want to say...
OH YEAH.
chevyfudd
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I just watched the video and finally a video WORTH discussing. I haven't been on the forums for weeks because those videos were not worth the time and effort to talk about.

THIS video was awesome though
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericski wrote:
anyone else think that it was strange for db to be wearing a u.s. penitentiary t-shirt. it's a pennsylvannia location so not like he picked it up at a roadside stop during their recent wanderings. famous lewiston residents include leonard peltier and wilheim reich. my money's on reich if it does mean anything. real wierdo with connections to einstein, psychology, and an alan moore comic.
too obscure?

It's just Yousef's shirt. He's worn it before, back in "I Listened To Daniel."
chevyfudd
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping a little shirt off action from the boys, I mean come one go swimming in the freaking ocean for us girls every once in a while.
crazcritrchic
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Why would "the new girl" be Maddisonatkins? Reply with quote

shawnslovingwife wrote:
It seems the consensus is that Maddisonatkins is the new girl Alex refferenced. I don't see how you can even think that.

We've only seen a few vids from MA, but she just seems like a random girl. Don't the girls who are chosen for the ceremony have to be raised by a specifically chosen family?

I hope MA does become Cannon, even if just for variety's sake. I think the videos have a good feel, and there needs to be more characters for the story to be dynamic.

MAYBE Opaphid apprehended Tachyon; maybe Tachyon is the girl who is going to forced/brainwashed into doing the ceremony.

Maybe Bree is going to emerge as the NEW Tachyon. And Jonas the new Brother.

I was going to say the same thing about having to be raised in a certain family and such. It doesn't match up with what we've learned if she does the ceremony in Bree's stead.

But I don't want her to be canon. She's a really bad actress. Like bad high school theatre bad. Everything she did seemed forced. Except the newscast but that's probably because it was being stereotypical.

I like your ideas on the last part though. Woot for Bree and Jonas kicking ass.
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chevyfudd wrote:
I was hoping a little shirt off action from the boys, I mean come one go swimming in the freaking ocean for us girls every once in a while.

i agree!
CRYISME
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Why would "the new girl" be Maddisonatkins? Reply with quote

crazcritrchic wrote:
shawnslovingwife wrote:

Maybe Bree is going to emerge as the NEW Tachyon. And Jonas the new Brother.

Woot for Bree and Jonas kicking ass.

I like this idea to. I think Bree has it in her to be a badass, and after the last video we know Jonas does. Where does this leave Daniel though?
Bree Shocked Daniel Jonas Sarah Taylor
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Renegade
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
Who the hell is TFW?

TrueFreeWill

Languorous Lass wrote:
Disagree completely. The Creators have the brains, and the subtlety, to realize that in real life, people are rarely completely good or completely evil. They're making Alex into a believable character -- and, in the process, making her far more interesting.

I have nothing against her being realistic - but this wasn't. She can't be all torn in one moment, half-crying "I don't have a choice!", and then all evil in the next moment, threatingly stating "They don't need you anymore, Bree. They have another girl!"
There are two possibilities: Either The Order massively, violently forced her to betray her own nephew and her new friends, then she'd break down far more, not get calm in the end, not threaten, and perhaps even try to flee with them when she realizes Jonas is armed (that giving them a chance), or she willfully betrayed them, then there's no use and no reason to claim she didn't have a choice - she decided her allegiance is with The Order, so she obviously doesn't want to be with DBJ, meaning there's no reason to make sure they understand - they're not gonna trust her anymore anyway, and she'd obviously think that her actions would lead to their downfall, so there wouldn't be a need for any setups for "later", because there'd be no "later".

Thinking about it, the whole situation was non-sensical: If all they wanted was Alex, and Alex was their agent all along, they'd just have had to call her home. If Alex wasn't their agent, but terrified enough to follow their Orders, there'd have been no reason to make it look like she betrayed them...she could just have quietly left, leaving a video not to follow her, that it'd be better this way, and that she had no choice.

The whole beach setup makes no sense, unless The Order was trying to capture the TAAG - which evidently wasn't the case, and for which an open beach is a stupid choice anyway - how are you gonna easily, quietly capture someone if he can run away in all directions?

Everything just doesn't fit together. If she was torn inside, fine. So be it. As you say, it's realistic. But a person infinitely sad that she just betrayed her friends doesn't switch to "calm" all of a sudden in the next sentence and just walks away, stating they're not needed anymore. That is not realistic.

Languorous Lass wrote:
Same for Jonas. He isn't just Happy Shiny Boy. He has depths of anger within him that are barely hinted at in vids like Spanglish.

First of all, I have nothing against the idea that Jonas finally came to his senses and got a gun - especially since I do think his aggressive side was shown whenever it fit the situation (mildly in Storm the Castle, when he was captured, when he was going to beat up the Watcher...).
But that doesn't change that the way he was shown with that gun was totally overdone, in my opinion - he's waving that thing around, holding it up high single-handedly, pointing it at everyone, all like a cliché hollywood rapper straight from a cliché hollywood ghetto gangster movie.
(Not to mention that Happy Shiny Boy could've killed Daniel any second, the way he stupidly pointed the gun at him. Unless he regularly robs gas stations, I would expect a little more fear of the fact that he might actually kill someone from him.)

Languorous Lass wrote:
Even Bree is a more complex character than some forumites would like. She responds inappropriately to her situation and treats DB badly.

Actually, that's were the complexity is lacking...she is always treating DB badly, and she is always responding inappropriately. When they were on the run for the first time, she talked to stuffed animals and went on dates with P.Monkey rather than worrying about what the hell happened to her life. When Daniel was all happy about having "hooked up" with her, she publically slammed him. When Jonas made a little joke, she packed her stuff and went away, leaving the people who lost everything to help her behind, just like that.

There is no complexity in constantly being either a bitch or a child.

Languorous Lass wrote:
The only character who seems good through and through is DB himself. And, as we know, he may have had some hypnotic conditioning that will be triggered at some completely inopportune point in the future.

So on one hand you're saying they're making Alex a grey area because all-evil is unrealistic, but on the other hand you're saying Daniel is all-good unless The Order brainwashes him, without complaining?
According to your logic, Daniel is the most unrealistic character of them all - because, from his own nature, he has no evil side. Yet, his reactions were among the most realistic of all, because he's all-good and always acts according to that. (Unless Bree abuses him, those are the times when he's losing his faith.)

Every time you score a goal, a starving child in Africa dies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 16 of 27

Jump to: