Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

girl power
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

girl power for real?
yes!
46%
 46%  [ 19 ]
no!
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
meep.
41%
 41%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 41

platypusrex256
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: girl power Reply with quote

i've put off making this post for a long time and now i see there is no other option than to post it. i see a strong girl power theme developing. consider for a moment all of the powerful characters in the breeniverse and take into account that almost all of them are female.

bree, lucy, opaphid, tachyon, alex and now all the new girls.

versus...

bree's dad is dead. jonas and daniel seem to be more comic relief than actual power characters. the watcher might be the most powerful male figure in the series because he suposedly shot somebody. beyond that, we have nothing for men.

go ladies!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Susan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at the activity and tone of the forum. It's Daniel power all the way.
RoseCrowley
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its girl power and guy power! woot for proactivity

TTT:Granted, but the fairy takes your credit card instead of leaving money and gets like fifty lap dances w/ it.

Mawhahaha!
platypusrex256
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh. you guys arn't convincing me. daniel is a heartwarming guy and we really pull for him but that doesn't mean he has power in making things happen in the storyline. sure, he's made sacrifices but he's mostly been reacting to the entire scene. he reacted when bree turned him down and he reacted when alex turned out to be a fake and he reacted when he was afraid for his life back home and he reacted when he realised he was being followed by the order. you could argue that he took some innitiative back in the early days when he was stalking bree and broke into lucy's apartment but beyond that, he has some pretty weak will.

who are our heros reacting to? they happen to all be women. case and point.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't go so far as to say the guys have no power. The Decons/Watchers/people placed higher up in the order all appear to be male.

However, as for characters to relate to, there's definitely a few stronge female characters there for sure. Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gonzo308
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oppy was pretty powerful when she was involved.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan wrote:
Take a look at the activity and tone of the forum. It's Daniel power all the way.
Yep, Daniel is the man! There is a reason Beast Chat is always the most happening place on the forum. Go, Beast!

BTW, one of our threads just surpassed that atrocious alien thread.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
yoruba
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Order itself seems to be led mostly by women.

And although it wasn't really said (was it?), whoever does the ceremony must be a girl.

Now that would be funny. 'The new boy'
Susan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan's post was in reference to the Daniel's character on the--admittedly female--population of this forum.

As for the protagonists in the videos, I don't see any of them being proactive. Bree is as powerless and lethargic as the rest of the trio. When did you see any of them do anything but mew and flee?

Sorry for the misleading log-in, but I'm at my sister Tess's house and can't at the moment remember my password.

Mincartaugh
garnet
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I *meep*ed. The jury's still out on this one. A lot of interesting and powerful characters are female, but is it a theme in the series, or is it just because the intended audience is 15-30 year old females?

One thing is certain -- the roles are different for men and women. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
platypusrex256
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garnet wrote:
I *meep*ed. The jury's still out on this one. A lot of interesting and powerful characters are female, but is it a theme in the series, or is it just because the intended audience is 15-30 year old females?

One thing is certain -- the roles are different for men and women. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

thankyou for being rational about it. a lot of people seem to contest to the notion stricly because they like daniel or they like jonas. granted, they are likable characters but that only makes them "likable weasils" at best.

granted, both of them have their moments of pro-active glory and yet they remain in my mind, inactive fools.

i am curious about oppy. it seems that the oppy side of the plot is sort of a clicky sub-culture within a sub-culture. i dont want to read forums or pedia pages in order to get understand anything. i want my videos on the main page, damnit! so basicly im in the dark and could care less about tachyon and oppy. they're a couple of dorks in my book ;-p
angelik_pistol
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what? who likes daniel? hes whiny cause he cant have bree and boo hoo, 2 seconds later hes all mackin on alex then when she turns all bad then he wants bree again, pick a girl and stick to ur pineing! plus hes a lazy alcoholic, the only constructive things ive seen him do is breaking and entering. nuff said. at least jonas is positive and not trying to seduce everyone and moping around all the time. anyway, i agree they seem to center the series around females, im not sure why but i think its cause the creaters are guys and just like to work with cute girls lmao. who knows.
platypusrex256
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

angelik_pistol wrote:
what? who likes daniel? hes whiny cause he cant have bree and boo hoo, 2 seconds later hes all mackin on alex then when she turns all bad then he wants bree again, pick a girl and stick to ur pineing! plus hes a lazy alcoholic, the only constructive things ive seen him do is breaking and entering. nuff said. at least jonas is positive and not trying to seduce everyone and moping around all the time. anyway, i agree they seem to center the series around females, im not sure why but i think its cause the creaters are guys and just like to work with cute girls lmao. who knows.

LOL! finally someone who isn't retarded! ;-p daniel is the weakest character in the series. daniel power is not a theme in LG15. if anything, it's "look at what a goofball daniel is and how he can't seem to get his crap together" and "look how daniel is always wrong"

granted, the reoccuring theme in lg15 is "decision followed by consequences" ...just about every decisionn made so far by the BDJ front have been poor decisions and have resulted in dire consequences. but the plot is mostly female centric.
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O i hate this topic. It always strikes a nerve with me.

If there were currently a battle of the sexes. I am sure the girls would win. The two male leads are completely weak. They are being transformed into bumbling idiots video by video. You can see it happen before your eyes. Jonas and Daniel are surcoming the popular dynamic. You know what I meen you've seen the sitcoms and commercials. The dumb bumbling man, smart woman dynamic that I am so tired of seeing.

It almost seems like it is being done so that we can see how good a leader Bree is, but I don't know the real reason. It is actually quite disgusting to me to see it. If you want this dynamic I would rather have strong male characters with a stronger female character. Then a strong female lead and weak male leads.

Its just all types of frustrating.

X
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I truly love about this thread is that someone *meep*s...and is thanked for being rational. This is a big part of why I love the Breeniverse! Quality *meep*age will get you anytime! <nodding happily>

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: