Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hymn of One seminar (leaked from Craigslist)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRevolver wrote:

How do you absolutely know that it is a hoax?

Yes, that is what seems most likely. But the Creators have not confirmed or denied anything yet.

So stop getting all up in arms about this. We don't know if there was a hack or not.

I don't know it for certain. I'll admit that.

However, I do have some knowledge about how these things should be done.

So stop telling me not to warn people if I think there could be danger. We don't know if this is something dangerous or not.

EDIT: I sent a PM to the Forum Administrator regarding this issue. I also commented at http://lg15today.blogspot.com/2007/05/leaked-from-craigslist.html
warning everyone. Anytime I see something I think may be dangerous for participants here I will warn them in the same manner.
modelmotion
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: ??? Reply with quote

Do you have any documented evidence thats its game jacking?

If they Creators think there is a problem they should post.

So far they have not so I see little foundation for the accusation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gidget
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is very dangerous and nobody should take it seriously. Do NOT go there!

I know that the creators wouldn't dare to involve us in the story in any such way. It goes far beyond the realm of the story and is a big no-no for ARGS in general.

Whatever comes out of that HoO audition will be obviously cannon, and I believe that reguardless of score we will all be able to equally participate.

And unless all of us get that email then I say this is 100% bogus and a lame attempt at gamejacking. NOBODY GO DO THIS.

Edit:
I am wrong about the above, but what I was going for still stands. We have grown to trust LG15 but the world is a dangerous place and nothing should be trusted blindly.

Last edited by Gidget on Tue May 29, 2007 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: ??? Reply with quote

modelmotion wrote:
Do you have any documented evidence thats its game jacking?

If they Creators think there is a problem they should post.

So far they have not so I see little foundation for the accusation.

No, I do not. You have invited people to participate at
http://lg15today.blogspot.com/

I have now done so in good conscience. If I am wrong, I will also post a public apology there.

EDIT: And frankly, if I am correct, I will expect you to report it, modelmotion.
MintyBeast
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone should stop freaking out (or what comes across as near freaking out on the internet).

We shoudl not expect the creators to get to this in the middle of the night.

I'm sure we will be told what is what as soon as they see it is an issue.
&
Sarah Fan Club
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MintyBeast wrote:
I think everyone should stop freaking out (or what comes across as near freaking out on the internet).

We shoudl not expect the creators to get to this in the middle of the night.

I'm sure we will be told what is what as soon as they see it is an issue.

You are absolutely right.

If someone is using this forum as an attempt to do something unscrupulous, then I know that the Forum Administrator wants to know immediately.

I also know that The Creators would wish to know immediately. Sure, they can't be here all of the time.

They are counting on us to police ourselves.

Therefore, we should all ignore this until there is some official word.
MintyBeast
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it was SMRT to message them. I didn't even think of that, ha.

And it is great that you and others have put caution out "there". People may get caught up in it and not ponder if it could be a gamejack or something.
&
Sarah Fan Club
modelmotion
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: apo Reply with quote

Apo, you raised a valid concern even if its totally legit. Safety should be a primary concern in any "ARG" experience.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of new at all this so can I ask...
Why do people gamejack anyway? What is it they get out of it? Confused
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowherepixie wrote:
I'm kind of new at all this so can I ask...
Why do people gamejack anyway? What is it they get out of it? Confused

I actually shudder to think of it.

I posted again at the http://lg15today.blogspot.com/

Basically, it boils down to this. The LG15 server had a puzzle posted which anyone in ANY age group was allowed to respond to.

Then, this e-mail pops up, claiming to be from the same site. It invites people to an address in California, and suggests that only the first 35 people who respond will be considered.

The Creators aren't stupid. If they actually did such a thing they would be crucified in the press. There is no way this is a legitamate e-mail response. NO WAY!
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of sloppy if it is. Confused
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
modelmotion
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: ??? Reply with quote

Do we even know if the email that was posted is identical to the email that was sent out.....that is assuming that there was an email sent out.
That might be where the confusion lies here. A fake email posted at the same time as a legitimate and presumably secret official email might explain what is going on here.
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: ??? Reply with quote

modelmotion wrote:
Do we even know if the email that was posted is identical to the email that was sent out.....that is assuming that there was an email sent out.
That might be where the confusion lies here. A fake email posted at the same time as a legitimate and presumably secret official email might explain what is going on here.

Good point, Do we know anyone who got one?
Rezzin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i definately think everyone is overreacting here. the adddress is sherman oaks park, a very public place. the meeting time: broad daylight. im not criticizing you Apo, but what do you guys expect, a bombing or kidnapping? i think someone should show up with a camera(i would if i was in cali) and we can see where this leads us. i checked the source of the email and it came from the hymnofone.org website. correct root and domain, ran checks and everything to make sure its not a fake email... it isnt. why would Bree tell us to audition and have us jumping through hoops to make something bad happen? my guess is the few who do show up will get cameos in the next vid after meeting some cast or something cool like that. i think its a reward for some of our hard work. and i cant understand why people are thinking this could be dangerous. Think
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rezzin wrote:
i definately think everyone is overreacting here. the adddress is sherman oaks park, a very public place. the meeting time: broad daylight. im not criticizing you Apo, but what do you guys expect, a bombing or kidnapping? i think someone should show up with a camera(i would if i was in cali) and we can see where this leads us. i checked the source of the email and it came from the hymnofone.org website. correct root and domain, ran checks and everything to make sure its not a fake email... it isnt. why would Bree tell us to audition and have us jumping through hoops to make something bad happen? my guess is the few who do show up will get cameos in the next vid after meeting some cast or something cool like that. i think its a reward for some of our hard work. and i cant understand why people are thinking this could be dangerous. Think

Thanks for running those checks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: