Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How OpAphid is connected to Lonelygirl15
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
covedweller wrote:
robtomorrow wrote:
Either the OpAphid videos are part of the story or not part of the story, you can't have it both ways. You are trying to appease those of us who don't have an interest in ARGs by saying that you won't need to participate to follow the story. If part of the story is being told in the OpAphid videos, it would be like trying to understand the narrative of a novel while skipping every third chapter.

I think it's more the tv shows Buffy and Angel. They co-existed, they crossed over at times, but you could skip one and still enjoy the other.

Great analogy!

I don't watch TV so I don't get the analogy, (I didn't know this was going to be like TV) but if no pertinent information is going to be presented in the OpAphid videos and the ARGs then what is the point? And if there IS pertinent information in them, then as I said before not following them would be like skipping every third chapter in a novel.

Last edited by robtomorrow on Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
covedweller

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like seeing parts of a story overlap from a different perspective.

Actually, think Rosencrantz and Gildenstern, but a little more relevant.

Read the first "Readers Digest" recap in this thread:

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2769
HenrySugar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno. I can still enjoy All In The Family without watching The Jeffersons.

I was only peripherally aware of OpAphid until recently. I've never done an ARG and I probably won't, but as a casual observer, I find the whole OpAphid/Tachyon series to be quite intriguing...on a very different level than LG15. NOt higher or lower, but different.

I think it's very possible to follow either series as casually or as deeply as you want.

I look the whole thing as a big swimming pool. You can dive in the deep end or relax in the shallow end, it's still the same pool. It just depends on how wet you wanna get.

Edited: Because I'm an idiot...
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like Stephen King books...they overlap and many times cross into each other, but you can read the Dark Tower and enjoy it on it's own, never seeing all the links to Eye of the Dragon, The Stand, Salem's Lot, etc...

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Dena81
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take a break for a while then I come back to find out OpAphid is canon? Wow lol I almost feel special that she commented to me once (even if it made me almost pee my pants).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
watching_watchers
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: How OpAphid is connected to Lonelygirl15 Reply with quote

The Creators wrote:
Dear Fans,

We want to clarify the connection between OpAphid and lonelygirl15. Simply put, OpAphid is supplemental material that adds to the lonelygirl15 experience. It is not required viewing. If you watch lonelygirl15, you will experience an engaging, compelling story, full of plot twists and character development. You will not be left out if you choose not to play the OpAphid game (the official ARG). If you choose to play the game, it will provide you with a much deeper experience and allow you to solve puzzles. We are trying to appeal to a broad swath of fans... both casual viewers, and hardcore gamers. We think we can do both. If you are not up to speed with OpAphid or ARG's, feel free to catch up in the forum.

Email any of us anytime with questions (Miles in particular is happy to talk at length about how cool OpAphid and the new site features are).

Enjoy!

The Creators

I've watched opAphid's videos, but I don't understand how we can "play" the "game". Sad
Someone please explain?
Thanks!
Illuminati
Hooray for Orange Slurpees!
Go to my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/xshibbiex
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
watching_watchers
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dena81 wrote:
I take a break for a while then I come back to find out OpAphid is canon? Wow lol I almost feel special that she commented to me once (even if it made me almost pee my pants).

I keep hearing of this 'canon' person but I have yet to find her youtube account.
I would appreciate it if you gave me the link.
Thanks a bunch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: How OpAphid is connected to Lonelygirl15 Reply with quote

watching_watchers wrote:
I've watched opAphid's videos, but I don't understand how we can "play" the "game". Sad
Someone please explain?
Thanks!
Illuminati

Go here - http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3123
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

watching_watchers wrote:
Dena81 wrote:

I keep hearing of this 'canon' person but I have yet to find her youtube account.
Thanks a bunch.

Canon just means officially part of the LG15 storyline. So Jonas and Gemma are considered canon. Nikki Bower, for instance, is not considered canon (at least as far as we know), so it's fan fiction.
LONGTIMELURKER
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
It's like Stephen King books...they overlap and many times cross into each other, but you can read the Dark Tower and enjoy it on it's own, never seeing all the links to Eye of the Dragon, The Stand, Salem's Lot, etc...

AHHHH ,but they all travel the path of the Beam!!! Wink
watching_watchers
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
watching_watchers wrote:
Dena81 wrote:

Thanks a bunch.

Canon just means officially part of the LG15 storyline. So Jonas and Gemma are considered canon. Nikki Bower, for instance, is not considered canon (at least as far as we know), so it's fan fiction.

Ah, I see. Thanks!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: