List of ARG tools
(Redirected from ARG Tools)
This list is a short summary of different game resources used or suggested by some of the players for solving clues in an ARG. It is by no means exhaustive and undoubtedly many players have a number of other tools yet to be disclosed.
- Free Anagram Research Tool -- Anagram elimination tool
- Anagram Site
- WordSmith's Internet Anagram Server
- Anagram Artist
- Iterative Anagram Solver -- Decode multi-word anagrams word by word
- All in one Text, Binary, Hex, Base64, DEC / CHAR Translator
- Morse Code Translation
- Binary Translator
- InterTran Language Translator
- Binary, Hex, and Octal translation
- Base 64 translation
- Omniglot - Modern, arcane, and obscure writing systems
- Audacity (note: you can select your source to be straight from the webpage stream)
- Coagula --- Image synthesizer, can be used to reconstruct sound from spectral analysis graphs
- Keepvid -- Easily extract the flv files at youtube and other sites.
- Riva FLV Encoder (note: can extract video to stills or other video formats)
- FLV Online Converter at Vixy.net -- Convert flv files online (supported file types: avi, mov, mp4, 3gp, or mp3 for audio only)
- TinyURL --- Purpose & Result: Create shorter URL links by generating a random combination of letters and/or numbers based on the url submitted
i.e., a given URL will generate the same Tinyurl link each time.
- url(x) --- Like TinyURL, but shortened URL retains the original domain name. Bookmarklet available for more convenient shortening.
- ImageShack --- Upon submission, a filename is given 2-4 random letters/numbers to the end in an attempt to avoid creating duplicate links. ImageShack has ~100 different servers, so trying to purposely create a link to generate a given string in a URL is practically impossible, as each server number would offer a different generation of a url.
Religious Textual References
- Gideon Bible (Christian)(chosen due to its use in a CiW clue)
- Internet Sacred Text Archive - Holy books/texts from numerous religions/sects available online.
- H.P. Lovecraft