Daniel is sitting on the stairs
Daniel: So, I was kind of pissed the other morning when Jonas came back. He hadn't even bothered to wake me up. I mean, you'd think they'd want me around to help check out the area. Then when I saw the last video post, it... I.... I mean, I didn't know what to think. Could it be any more obvious that he's into her? I mean, even after all the advice he gave me: "You gotta tell her how you feel man. Don't beat around the bush bro. Peace." Dick. Not to mention the fact that he's still using his cell phone, and I know that's how OpAphid tracked us down last time. Jonas says it doesn't matter because it's prepaid and so they can't track us. Which is crap. He's just so damn stubborn sometimes. Whatever, Bree can have her fun. I've got more important things to do.
Daniel is standing against the window, which looks out into the woods.
Daniel: So, I decided to get some alone time and I went out to the car. Just kind of get away from the whole situation. I was looking for some CDs and I came across... Daniel holds up a package wrapped in brown paper and tied with twine. On top of the package is a note card with writing on it. I know it's from Tachyon 'cause she left a card:
(reading from the card)
- "Where it all started
- The answer is before you
- A subtle clue I Drew"
It's a haiku. I haven't told Jonas or Bree I found it yet. I haven't been able to figure out the password to the file that Tachyon gave us, but hopefully this is a clue. I'm going to open the package. Daniel sits on the floor and unwraps the package revealing five books.
All that was in the package was a bunch of Nancy Drew books. So I'm going back to the haiku. "Where it all started." As in where our videos all started or our hometown? Nancy Drew's hometown? Clearly she wants us to have this information, so why is she making me jump through hoops to get it? I think the clue might be in the Nancy Drew books themselves. It looks like I'm going to have to start reading. I'll tell you what I find. Bye.
- Tachyon's note reads:
xxxxxxxxxxx Where it all started the answer is before you a subtle clue I Drew xoxo, T yyy
- A day after posting the video, Daniel updated the description to include a link to the file they got from Tachyon, asking viewers to help solve for the password. Details on this puzzle are at Semiotics.
- The note is not actually a haiku, like Daniel says. However, the number of syllables was a clue to the password of the file.
- The book "Nancy Drew's Guide to Life" was part of an early drop by Tachyon.
- Nikki Bower is a self-proclaimed Nancy Drew fan, but it's unclear what connection, if any, is presented by the books Tachyon left.
- Jonas continues to use his cell phone despite the Daniel and Bree's concerns that they may be tracked down by OpAphid.
- Once again, on YouTube, a snapshot of the video and "LG15" is put right in the middle, making it appear as a thumbnail.