Bree The Cookie Monster
|Bree The Cookie Monster|
|Date Posted||August 31st, 2006|
|Description|| So everyone knows I'm not a great cook. But since so many people sent me recipes - most of which were COOKIES - I couldn't resist a bake off!!|
|Location(s)|| Bree's bedroom|
|YouTube Tags||LG15 lonelygirl15 daniel danielbeast cookies bake contest peanut butter purple monkey ocelot|
|Executive Producer(s)|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, and Greg Goodfried|
|Producer(s)|| Miles Beckett|
|Director(s)|| Mesh Flinders and Miles Beckett|
|Vidplay|| Mesh Flinders and Amanda Goodfried|
|Story|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, Greg Goodfried, and Amanda Goodfried|
|Editor(s)|| Miles Beckett|
|Music|| Nothin' Pretty by New Professionals|
|Bree||Jessica Lee Rose|
|Next||"A Change In My Life"|
(Bree sits at the desk and addresses the camera while Daniel sits on the bed in the background and reads Rolling Stone magazine)
Bree: Hi, guys! So...in response to my peace offering video, um...a lot of you sent me in recipes to bake. etoilefrancaise said that I should make crepes. stevexcraig said that I should make chocolate chip cookies (Bree makes a slurping noise) I've chosen four of the most interesting looking recipes and with the assistance of Daniel and chef Purple Monkey we're gonna have a cookie contest!
(fast forward musical montage of Bree and Daniel mixing ingredients on Bree's bedroom floor and playfully throwing them at each other)
Bree: (sitting on the bed with Purple Monkey on her hand, a platter of cookies, and Daniel behind her reading again) Okay, so our first recipe is a pretty solid entry into the sugar cookie category. (Bree takes a bite, and addresses Purple Monkey) Pretty good. (Bree giggles)
(cut to Purple Monkey, who holds up a card with "10" on it and drops it)
Bree: Okay, our judge is a little eager there. This came from someone in Scotland. (Bree feeds the cookie to Daniel who looks disgusted as she laughs)
Daniel: That's horrible. (Bree smells the cookie)
Bree: This one claims to be the world's best chocolate chip cookie. (Bree takes a bite, looks at the cookie, and tosses Purple Monkey down)
(fast forward musical montage of Bree eating the whole cookie, Daniel looks up at her and laughs a couple times, and Bree gives two thumbs up at the end)
(cut to Purple Monkey, who holds up a card with "12" on it and drops it)
Bree: (admonishing Purple Monkey) It's only a one to ten scale! Wow, this last cookie is called the Super Spicy Peanut Butter Surprise. The secret ingredient is cayenne pepper. (Bree takes a bite)
(cut to Purple Monkey, who holds up a card with "06" on it and drops it)
Bree: Thank you for joining us for our first ever cookie contest. Sorry our judge was a little bit erratic. (Bree covers Purple Monkey's ears) We'll find a better one next time. Bye.
- At the start of this video Daniel is holding a copy of the most recent issue of Rolling Stone magazine. Many suspect that this was to address allegations that the series had been filmed in advance. The recipes Bree bakes were sent by fans in response to A Peace Offering (and P. Monkey Boogies).
- When rating the cookies, Purple Monkey holds up the numbers 10, 12 and 06. The 06 instead of just 6 led many to suspect that this referred to the date 10-12-06. October 12 is the birthday of Aleister Crowley.
- The segments in which Purple Monkey appears holding up numbers are the only segments without Daniel in the background, suggesting that they were edited in later after he left.
- During the first of the sped-up segments, Bree appears for a moment to possibly be praying.
- For the curious, the comments Bree mentions are here:
- The cookie recipe from Scotland that Bree and Daniel dislike was provided by Scottish lonelygirl15 fan mku77.
- The cookies Bree eats were actually baked by Greg and Amanda Goodfried.