My Dad Died Too
|My Dad Died Too|
|Date Posted||July 4th, 2007|
|URL|| youtube.com |
|Description|| I'm still in Zavalla, trying to support Taylor. Spencer, come on man, we wouldn't bother you if it wasn't this important.|
|YouTube Tags||lonelygirl15 bree daniel danielbeast jonas jonastko sarah taylor soccerstar|
|Executive Producer(s)|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, and Greg Goodfried|
|Producer(s)|| Amanda Goodfried|
|Production Assistant(s)|| Ian Schwartz|
|Director(s)|| Mesh Flinders|
|Camera|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Vidplay|| Ross Berger|
|Story|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, Greg Goodfried, Jan Libby, and Ross Berger|
|Editor(s)|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Music Supervisor|| Seth Jacobs|
|Next|| "Dude Back Off"|
|Previous by Jonas||"In (Search of) sanity..."|
Jonas: Hey everybody, I'm still here in lovely, lovely Zavalla, Texas. Everything's pretty much the same, except worse. Taylor's trying to be there for her mom right now. I don't get her mom. She's going through this weird phase of trying to relive her youth. But all she's really doing is pushing Taylor away. I feel bad for her, you know. She is... she's such a nice kid. If nothing else (A baby's cry is heard.), I can be here for her right now. I caught the last Hymn of One video. Here's the thing. I'm not gonna be mopey anymore. I'm not gonna wallow in my own self-pity. I'm making myself sick, you know. I'm annoying myself. I had a long drive to think, I got a haircut. I just want to be the old Jonas again. So, I'm gonna do that.
(Jonas starts walking.)
Jonas: Hey Spencer, I want to talk to you directly. Look man, I watched your last video, I listened to what you had to say, and believe me, I know where you're comin' from. You've got this regular normal life going, and I think that's cool. I... I wish I had that. But the thing is, we wouldn't come to you unless we really needed your help. You know, you and me, we're a lot alike. And I know we have one thing in common. See, I lost my dad too. And I think your dad died for the same exact reason as mine. The Order. I know it's weird to you for some stranger to just go babbling on about all this crazy shit, but I'm tellin' you the truth. We need your help. Look, if you don't believe me, just check out the latest Hymn of One video. I think she's in a lot of trouble man, and we could really really use your help. Thanks.
- The title of the video is improper grammar. The correct use of the word "too" should have a comma following the previous word. Ergo, the title should be: "My Dad Died, Too".
- Fans have speculated that the baby heard crying in the video may be the Ceremony baby.
- Jonas is at Van Nuys Sherman Oaks Park in Van Nuys, CA, the same park from Crazy Emo Chick and It's A Cult.
- This is the second time a character has ever mentioned getting a hair cut, despite numerous hair style changes (the first time being in Back Home). It is possible that the Creators had Jonas mention his hair cut simply so that fans would not discuss Jonas's miraculous, self-cutting hair.
- There is obviously some conflicting information about Jonas's parents. Alex says that they're alive; Jonas previously said they were lost at sea and that he had no information about the;, and now he says for sure that his dad is dead. Fans have speculated that even though the status of Jonas's parents is unknown, he made this video to be able to sympathize with Spencer. The fact that Jonas believes his parents to be dead is enough to make this point.