I think a more appropriate name for this page would be "The Ceremony (ritual)" --to separate it from Daniel's video by the same title. Or perhaps "Bree's Ceremony", as everything else relating to it is often described as "Bree's pills", "Bree's injections", etc. No one really calls it "Bree's ritual", so I often find myself writing [Bree's ritual|the ceremony] and such when editing articles. Any objections if I change the name? OwenIsCool 00:25, 14 January 2007 (CST)
I am unclear as to why these two influences were singled out? There are so many others that could have been influencing it too....ie Babylon Rising ( Parsons and Hubbard).--Macabea13 23:29, 17 January 2007 (CST)
- The Body of Light and the Gnostic Mass were singled out because 1) they were already there when I cleaned up the article, and 2) because they're both linked to Aleister Crowley. Why should we mention Babylon Rising? and what is it? sry, I really haven't heard of it. OwenIsCool 23:59, 17 January 2007 (CST)
- : Oops, I am sorry I meant Babalon Working: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babalon_Working. Not exactly a clear connection, but one that semed pertinent at the beginning. My point was that Jack Parsons and L. Ron Hubbard followed Crowley closely, and came up with some very potent rituals on their own, that resonated in the early days. Don't know how they stand up now. I think you are right that The Body of Light and Gnostic Mass were influences, I, too, saw the connection. I did see other connections too. I should probably do more research again, but would hate to have to, since it all panned out to nothing --Macabea13 03:37, 18 January 2007 (CST)
Added some stuff from the season finale in. Feel free to fiddle with it. Mike In Tokyo! 06:24, 4 August 2007 (CDT)
The actual use of Enochian?
Since the Ceremony was revealed to be a blood transfusion, what was the point of Bree learning Enochian and the Zodiac of Denderah, and taking pills? Did Bree receive injections from the Order as well as Drew and Isaac's trait negative injections? What were the use of the Order injections? I'm confused. Meep. •Silver• Talk | Contribs 00:03, 2 September 2007 (CDT)
- I think the Enochian was just to make it LOOK like there was to be some cult-like Ceremony. As for the Injections, my beleif was that Bree got Order injections (which boosted her blood levels) and later the "Trait Neg" injections, which got rid of her high ribozyme count. That's what I've been able to decipher so far . . . . --Pheon 11:26, 5 September 2007 (CDT)
Hows it look?
I spent a lot of time trying to make this page nicer, let me know if you like it!~Nancypants
One year anniversary
Hey, this has probably been mentioned, but I was just looking at the date today and it looked really familiar. I realized that it's because it's been a year since Bree's fake Ceremony. So, what did those numbers that P. Monkey held up really mean? Will anything equally exciting happen this October 12th? I kind of doubt it, but who knows, right?--Jonpro 13:36, 12 October 2007 (CDT)
- Happy Non-Ceremoniversary! --Milowent 14:30, 12 October 2007 (CDT)
Revamp - comments?
I just did the desired rewrite of this page, and someone voiced concerns it might look too "sectiony". I do agree it has a lot of headers, but I see no way to reduce the amount of them, especially not if we want to keep that nice TOC they generate.
Main question now, does the sectionyness look bad?
(And other comments are of course welcome, too.)
P.S.: Main-dividing it by Order/HoO would not reduce the amount of headers, and it'd destroy the direct comparison. Just in case somebody was getting ready to suggest that. :P
- Allow me to put this out there: I think you did an AWESOME job. The page looks great and really focuses on the Ceremony and what it is. I like the compare/contrast with the Order/HoO a lot... and I'll see what people think about the sectionyness (totally just invented a word there :)). Yay, great job!! --Zoey 22:01, 28 October 2007 (CDT)
- Wow, this page looks amazing! Fantastic job! And the sectionyness is just fine!~Nancypants