|Date Posted||October 10th, 2007|
|URL|| youtube.com |
|Description|| Emma is safe for now, but not if you come looking for her.|
|Location(s)|| Claire's magenta room|
|YouTube Tags||lonelygirl15 lg15 bree danielbeast daniel jonastko jonas soccerstar4ever|
|Executive Producer(s)|| Miles Beckett and Greg Goodfried|
|Producer(s)|| Amanda Goodfried|
|Production Manager|| Greg Goodfried|
|Director(s)|| Marcello Daciano|
|Camera|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Head Writer|| Miles Beckett|
|Vidplay|| Jan Libby|
|Story|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, Greg Goodfried, Jan Libby, and Mary Feuer|
|Editor(s)|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Music Supervisor|| Seth Jacobs|
|Previous by Claire|| "Join Me!"|
|Next by Claire||"Girl Talk"|
Emma’s Safe is the three-hundred fourteenth video in the lonelygirl15 video series. It is also the fifty-eighth video of season two. This video is correctly called "Emma’s Safe", with a punctuation apostrophe (right single quotation mark) instead of a typewriter apostrophe - it resides here for easier accessibility.
Claire: The following should be considered as evidence of my good intentions. And as a warning to anyone who might be foolish enough to consider coming after our very special girl.
(Cut to Emma.)
Emma: Well, I want everybody to know that I'm okay. Uh... I mean, everybody's been really nice to me here. Um, Claire, she's been really nice to me. I've been spending a lot of time alone-- (scene cut) I don't want you guys to worry about me. So... And we talk; I talk to Claire. And we talk about, like, the Hymn of One; stuff like that. I actually haven't had somebody to talk to about that stuff in a long time. We talk about my family - my first family. (to Claire, off-camera) I'm sorry, can we talk about my family?
Claire: Sure, go ahead, Emma.
Emma: Okay, so I had a family before Jonas's parents, my first family, about six years ago. And my parents -- my new parents -- have been great with me over the last six years. I don't want everybody to think that I don't love them or that I don't love being with them, because I do. I love them very much. I was nine, and I had, like, a singing recital at the Hymn of One campus. And my mom dropped me off at, like, a-- a dress rehearsal thing. She went home to get dressed and to pick up my dad. (Emma starts crying.) They never made it. They were killed in a car accident on the way back on the 405. I was looking for them in the audience; they weren't there. And then I got... off to another family! (scene cut) I want everybody to know that I wasn't crying because of anything that's happened here -- I'm okay. (smiles meekly)
- This video confirms that Emma is 15 years old.
- The smile at the end of the video seems rather fake, which could indicate that Emma is in fact not okay. In fact she smiles once, shakes her head in a very small "no" gesture, and then smiles once more.
- Emma's gestures in this video are part of a puzzle. For more information, see the puzzles page.
- Some fans have wondered if Emma has known/remembered her "first family" prior to her encounter and time with Claire or if she has undergone any sort of regression therapy to "recover" her memories.
- The amount of light changes between the short clip of Claire at the beginning and the clip of Emma, indicating that either the lighting was different or the first clip was recorded earlier in the day (i.e. when it was brighter out)
- Some fans speculate that the killing of Emma's 'first family' was not a mere accident.
- It is still likely that Emma was adopted into the Hymn of One at birth.