She's Telling The Truth
|She’s Telling The Truth|
|Date Posted||October 12th, 2007|
|URL|| youtube.com |
|Description|| Emma wouldn't lie and neither would we.|
|Location(s)|| Claire's magenta room|
|YouTube Tags||lonelygirl15 LG15 daniel danielbeast jonas jonastko soccerstar4ever bree|
|Executive Producer(s)|| Miles Beckett and Greg Goodfried|
|Producer(s)|| Amanda Goodfried|
|Production Manager|| Greg Goodfried|
|Director(s)|| Marcello Daciano|
|Camera|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Head Writer|| Miles Beckett|
|Vidplay|| Mary Feuer|
|Story|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, Greg Goodfried, Jan Libby, and Mary Feuer|
|Editor(s)|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Music Supervisor|| Seth Jacobs|
|Next|| "They'll Do Anything"|
|Previous by Claire|| "Girl Talk"|
|Next by Claire||"Storytelling"|
She’s Telling The Truth is the three-hundred nineteenth video in the lonelygirl15 video series. It is also the sixty-third video of season two. This video is correctly called "She’s Telling The Truth", with a punctuation apostrophe (right single quotation mark) instead of a typewriter apostrophe - it resides here for easier accessibility.
Claire: Hello, Jonas. The following should be considered as evidence of my very good intentions and as a warning to anyone who seems foolish enough to consider going after our very special girl.
Emma: Hi guys! It's me again. Everything's fine here. Claire's been nice enough to tell me some things about my situation that I didn't know. The first day that uh, that I got here, I was waiting for Jonas or Daniel, Sarah, somebody to come and save me but... you guys aren't coming right? It's okay, 'cause I'm safe. Scout's honor. Or whatever that is. For as long as I can remember I was always told that I had some greater purpose in my life. My first family said that when they were chosen to adopt me it was a great honor for them. I thought that they were telling me that because I was adopted, so they wanted me to feel loved and accepted. But then my second parents, Jonas's parents, they said the same thing. Exactly the same thing. So I guess that makes me special, right? I don't expect you guys or anybody to understand anything that I'm about to say but, the Hymn of One believes -- and I grew up believing -- that to struggle against eternal will is a source of personal and global unrest. And I don't want to contribute to that. (to Claire) Can I tell them about what you told me about the ceremony?
Claire: Go ahead.
Emma: Ok, so I know that everybody is convinced that something horrible happens to these girls that are prepared for the ceremony. But it's actually really nothing like what you guys think it is, and I know you're gonna think I’m crazy for saying this, but, I mean there is this whole dance that some people do find weird, and well, I do have to learn a chant that needs to be recited cause it's, well it’s like uh, its' like a rite of passage, kinda like a Bat Mitzvah, only not every girl goes through it. Only girls with this, um, special kind of blood that I have. So I’m actually kinda blessed. I mean, there is this blood transfusion procedure, and I know that’s where you guys think that something bad happens right there. But, it's ... it's actually called chelation, and that is supposed to build up the health of my blood and strengthen my spirit. It's holistic. So you see nobody gets hurt. After the ceremony, the girl is taken to a special place in the mountains, near Sedona, and that's where she learns all the hidden secrets of the universe. I mean, secrets that only a handful of people in the entire world even know. Who knows, maybe Bree will be there. Everybody here understands why you guys are acting out the way that you're acting. It's because you don’t have the right information. Claire says that she knows that it seems strange the way that she’s caring for a special girl like me, it's... because I’m in a very vulnerable state right now, and Claire is the only one that can protect me.
- Emma's gestures in this video are part of a puzzle. For more information, see the puzzles page.
- In addition to her gestures and slow speech, Emma looks upwards and away from the camera every few seconds - presumably at Claire. The frequency and regularity of it suggest that she is looking at Claire for cues or approval of her words.
- This video is similar to a POW tape.
- Chelation & Chelation Therapy is the administration of chelating agents to remove heavy metals from the body. Chelating (pronounced key-lating) agents were introduced into medicine as a result of the use of poison gas in World War I. The efficacy, safety, and much of the theory behind these alternative practices are disputed by the medical community.
- The mention of Sedona mountains may have something to do with purported vortices.
- Although unlikely, this is the first video that raises the popular fan theory that Bree is still alive following the ceremony and has been in hiding for the past many episodes. On the other hand, the very fact that the theory is popular may be the reason the Creators introduced this potential loop hole.
- From 1:34 to 1:18 and then from 1:12 to the end of the video, a helicopter can be heard in the background.