|Date Posted||August 22nd, 2007|
|URL|| youtube.com |
|Description|| I opened it, but...|
|Location(s)|| Daniel's bedroom|
|YouTube Tags||lonelygirl15 bree daniel danielbeast jonas jonastko|
|Executive Producer(s)|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, and Greg Goodfried|
|Producer(s)|| Amanda Goodfried|
|Production Assistant(s)|| Ian Schwartz|
|Director(s)|| Marcello Daciano|
|Camera|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Vidplay|| Jan Libby and Miles Beckett|
|Story|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, Greg Goodfried, and Jan Libby|
|Editor(s)|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Music Supervisor|| Seth Jacobs|
|Next|| "Sexy Librarian ;)"|
|Previous by Daniel|| "My Parents Suck Too"|
|Next by Daniel||"Drunken Yodeling"|
(Daniel sits on floor beside bed, watching Daniel The Neanderthal.)
Daniel: Last summer- it's like a trillion light years away. I mean- you know what I mean. I mean just hanging back. I thought I was so cool. I was so in love with Bree. I was like a puppy dog. When I wasn't with her I'd be sitting around staring at the computer editing videos for her. Anything just to spend more time with her. Just to look at her again and again. If I wasn't doing that I would seriously just be sitting around thinking about her. God I was a wreck. Oh my God look at - Aw jeeze. I remember I wanted Bree to come to this party with me so bad.
(Cuts to Daniel now seated on the floor in front of a computer chair.)
Daniel: It's weird how Bree went from being, well, what I though at the time was the love of my life to being my best friend. We didn't even know each other that long. But I swear, it felt like forever. I mean, she got me in more ways than even I got myself.
(Loud laughter is heard coming from the other room.)
Daniel: Doofus. My attempt to get back into my so called normal life has just been ridiculous. I mean this is supposed to be my - Dude, that's my parents.
(Daniel stands up and exits the frame.)
Daniel: Hey can you all just turn it down for a minute. God.
(A door is closed.)
Daniel: It's freakin' 12:30.
(Daniel re-enters the frame.)
Daniel: It's 12:30 and they're out there playing drinking games and laughing insanely at stupid dog tricks on TV. You know something? I promise you right now I will never turn out like them.
(Daniel reaches up to turn off the camera. Cut to Daniel drinking something clear from a glass, seated on his bed.)
Daniel: You know what? I've learned a lot about myself over this last year. I know things got messed up. Bree died. She's dead and there's nothing I can do to bring her back. But what I can do is make sure that she didn't die in vain.
(Cut to Daniel sitting in a computer chair.)
Daniel: Look, Jonas. Dude, I know exactly how you feel. I don't know who we can trust. But we have to do something. Look if I was you, I would- Look for your parents! That's all I'm gonna say about that. But you should know by now, if you need my help, I'm here for you. So this is me doing my part. I'm gonna open up Bree's email.
(Cuts to night vision scene.)
Daniel: Alright, look. I opened up Bree's email and now all of a sudden there's some dude in black outside, and that means there must have been a worm or something in the email.
(Daniel paces around his room.)
Daniel: I'm sorry, I have no choice now... I have to delete it.
(Daniel presses some buttons, gets up, and sits on his bed.)
- Given that the Man in Black showed up after the e-mail was opened, it is safe to assume his organization had access to the e-mail (to install the virus), and thus already knows what's inside. Deleting the mail also does not remove the virus from the computer, or make it stop "transmitting". As such, all that deleting the e-mail does is prevent Daniel and Jonas from reading it again.
- At the current time, there is no technology that could pin-point an IP address from a certain location that quick, so the virus had to had been running for a sufficient amount of time. Even then, IP traces come up with the ISP's main connection to the net, and not an actual home address. Either way, Daniel should have just used an anti-virus program, such as Norton, McAfee, OneCare (although he uses Windows XP in previous videos) and Kaspersky.
- It is not possible for a virus to take hold of a system just by opening an e-mail alone, as the video suggests. Such would require an attachment of some sort to be added to the e-mail.
- In the window behind Daniel the blinds are closed but one can still see trucks passing by the house. It appears to be light outside; this could mean that when Daniel said it was 12:30, he meant 12:30 PM.
- This is the most directly Daniel has talked about his crush/obsession with Bree.
- A surfboard appears in this video, an object that is associated with water.