Difference between revisions of "User:OwenIsCool"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 05:59, 19 July 2007
|Age||I'm not sure, but I think my price tag is still on.|
Well, a little about me (but not too much, that would be BO-ring).
I started following the LG15 thing sometime mid-October when everyone already knew it was fake. I think this new medium for telling a story is very very cool. To tell you the truth, I'm not really happy with where the story is going anymore (for a number of reasons), but I keep coming back. Why? Because somewhere along the way I got hooked on the LGpedia. I'm a fan of wiki models but I was a little intimidated by Wikipedia and didn't get around to learning to post on it. LGpedia seemed like a friendlier place, with more newbies and more work to be done. So now even though I don't get a kick from the series, I still really like editing the wiki.
If you would like to help me plot the downfall of my purple nemesis, please leave a comment on my talk page.
Stuff I want to do
This little section is like a to-do list for me. I'll just be writing down things that I'd like to see on the wiki. If any of these sound like something you'd like to work on, do feel free to pitch in!
Articles that need some TLC
As of late I've noticed some important articles need to be updated to reflect what's been happening in the series. An example of such an article is Daniel, which hasn't been majorly updated since before the (fake) ceremony it seems. In this section I'll keep a list of articles that I think need work. Sometimes I come across them while I'm busy working on something else, and then I forget that I meant to get back to them. That shouldn't happen anymore!
If you see an article you'd like to work on that's on this list, by all means, jump right in! Part of the reason I put them on here is so other people will think to improve on them, not just me. =)
- The Order -- it's greatly improved now but still needs work
- Bree's parents
- LG15 Spin-offs
- A page or userbox on the responsible use of the darned Preview button. I love seeing new people get interested in the wiki, but it's a drag having to remind them of the good reasons to avoid numerous little edits. We need a standard thingie we can use over and over with little work. I plagiarized Wikipedia's article into Help:Show preview, but I don't think that'll do much by itself.
- I created a page called LG15 Soundtrack listing all the music appearing thus far in the LG15 videos. It includes links to the artists' pages and links to listen (and sometimes download for free!) the pieces themselves.
- The information it currently contains is up-to-date and accurate... only to the best of my knowledge. So please check out the page and add anything that's missing, or correct me if I slipped up!
- It needs to be updated. If this is something that interests you, update the soundtrack when a new video comes on. Even if you haven't worked with tables before, I think you'll find it's pretty intuitive. Just click the edit tab and it'll all make sense. If it doesn't, just ask =)
- Eliminate all instances of According to Wikipedia, "According to _________", etc. and replace with real references.
- By "real references" I mean little numbers (like so ) next to the claim you are making and a References section on the bottom of the article. It would just be less distracting, and it would make it easier for people to look up a reference too, rather than reading through the whole article again.
- I already did some research into this. Apparently our wiki has something called Cite.php which is simple code that you can use to make references like the ones I described. It automatically makes them into a list at the bottom of the article.
- To learn the basics of footnotes, see Help:Footnotes.
- If you're ready for the advanced class, see LGPedia:Footnotes.
- Cite.php was recently installed on the LGpedia. I plan to make full use of it. If you see any pages reeking with "According to _______", let me know and we shall fix it together.
- Where to download Cite.php. Site has good info on how to use the code too, that's why I included it. You don't need to download it.
Testing, 1 2 3...
A place to try stuff out...
|First Blog / Dorkiness Prevails||Crazy||Gnarls Barkley||not sure||Copyrighted|
|Purple Monkey||Son Soo (Treatment)||Victor||not sure||here|
This table will be replaced with Treefunk's design (see my discussion page).
And this is for the main page redesign stuff...
New music table
Here goes... table 3.0. Please comment!
This is the music table design we stuck with and it now lives on the LG15 Soundtrack page.